Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Planting

 

Planting
By Dick Wilmes
I took a little seed one day
About a month ago.
I put it in a pot of dirt,
In hopes that it would grow.

I poured a little water
To make the soil right.
I set the pot upon the sill,
Where the sun would give it light.

I checked the pot most every day,
And turned it once or twice.
With a little care and water
I helped it grow so nice.


This week we are focusing on R- Controlled Vowels. 
When an R follows a vowel, the sound of the vowel changes. We have already worked with "ar" ( with our pirate sounds). 

We will be learning that R is a very bossy letter sometimes! When is follows an i, e, or u -- it makes that vowel say the "r" sound!

R loses its bossiness when the silent e comes on the scene, however...... 
 
Words of the Week    vowel +r

Grade 1+ 2
dirt
water
turn
car
care
bonus word: pour


post signature

No comments: